According to Strupp (1980), clients/scholars are:
- entitled to personal freedom
- entitled to conducting their own affairs
- entitled to have their individuality respected
- entitled to not be dominated, manipulated, coerced, or indoctrinated
- entitled to make mistakes and learn from them
As an educator/parent how might our own values be imposed upon a student and violate one of these values?
What is your metavalue?
Reference: Williams, R. (2008) Check you values at the door. Retrieved from: http://www.ascaschoolcounselor.org/article_content.asp?article=1024